http://www.reebok.com/CA/
Click on the link above, and on the home page, scroll through the pictures until you find the ad for the Reetone, Easytone.
Is it just me, or is this lady wearing see-through underwear? I mean, why? Do they think it will entice me to purchase these shoes?
I'm not stupid. I know I will never look like this lady. I could limit my sleep to 2 hours a night, and spend the rest of the time walking in those shoes, and I promise my butt will not look like her. I know this.
Maybe they're hoping that husbands/significant others will see this ad, and purchase the shoes for us. In which case, I've got to tell you, I don't know how well that would go over. I can hear the conversation now:
"Look honey, I've bought you a gift!"
"Oh, thank you!" rustle, rustle
"Oh. Runners. Thanks."
"Oh, you don't understand, these runners will make your butt and thighs look tight, smooth, and tanned."
"You mean you don't like my butt?"
"Well, I don't mean that."
"What do you mean?"
"Well the lady in the ad looked good."
"Oh. Really. Well, the lady in the ad didn't bear you two children."
Not that my husband would ever compare me to that woman. I know he does love me for me, which is a very freeing feeling.
So, seeing as husbands will not be purchasing these shoes, and women know they will never actually look like the woman in the ad, why the see-through underwear?!
No comments:
Post a Comment