Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Well, blow me down with a feather!

So it seems that the way I am made is not all wrong, after all...

My sister-in-law-to-be brought home an interesting binder of information from the premarital course they are taking.  The first session talked about four main personality types: Builder, Negotiator, Explorer, Director.

I was shocked to discover that I am part EXPLORER!

(Explorers are very likeable people with generous mind and happy attitude to life and people around them. They have a playful nature, they can be sensual and enjoy life to the point of being hedonistic. At the same time, they are unpredictable and hard to rely upon, which does not make them a good marriage material. They are not prone to routine and don’t tolerate boredom very well. Their impatience can make them selfish companions as they don’t generally bend themselves to anyone’s rules.)

Minus the part about not being good marriage material, of course.  I think the builder part makes up for that. 

I find this so funny, because I have spent years riding myself because I can't stand staying home for any long length of time, I am always looking for something to fill my time in the day, I get so bored with the thought of doing the same thing day after day.  Then you have someone like my sister and sister-in-law who would stay home all day, every day.  I've spent so much time thinking I am basically unGodly, when all along, HE MADE ME THIS WAY.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that it's important to fight the urge and stick around home to do puzzles with the kids...however, I can also bring something to their lives through exploring.  Did I blow your mind?

http://www.onlinedatinghelp.co.uk/blog/builder-negotiator-explorer-director/

Here is the link to the personality types.  This is not the exact information from my sister-in-law (to be), but generally the same.  Maybe some surprises lie in here for you as well, my friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment