Why I have a picture of myself looking extremely happy with my Christmas stocking on my home page - it's because it's the only picture I can find of just myself. And this sums up my existence in the past few years.
Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. If anyone hurts them, throws sand at them, pushes them on the slide, watch out, Mama's comin'. However, there's still a part of myself that is exhausted by my own existence...I mean, just the list of stuff that I 'should' be doing in a day is overwhelming in itself. Any mamas out there know it: get up to sound of baby crying, bring baby back to bed to feed him, pray that he goes back to sleep (why, oh why does he love the 7o'clock hour so much?), feel guilty that you always want more sleep, run to the bathroom and pray that baby doesn't fall off the bed...and this is before the 2nd kid even wakes up and wants to watch TV immediately, bringing on another round of the big monster Guilty Guilt.
What encouragement do I find in this? Why do we do this?
1) We are raising an eternal soul. Hear that, people? An eternal soul. That's right. People can't say that about their cats...although that's another issue all together.
2) The hugs. Seriously, having kids is a dream if your love language is 'physical touch'.
3) It makes me rely on God each moment. This is so far beyond my abilities.
4) What else am I going to do with my life? This seemed like a good way to use it.
Anyone else out there have any fantastic reasons to add to my list? My group leader says it's important to have a 'gratitude list'...I'll have to explain that one more another time. The oven timer calls, quiche is ready. And I don't want to hear all the bad nutritional facts on quiche, it has broccoli in it, OK?!
No comments:
Post a Comment